Culinary Way of St. James
The Culinary Way of St. James
Alpine tradition meets state-of-the-art cuisine, and sophisticated dishes meet down-to-earth ingredients. Every summer, the local gourmet chefs serve up regional specialities at seven selected mountain lodges in Paznaun. The combination of top cuisine and rustic lodge flair creates extraordinary summer highlights and moments of enjoyment.
Initiated by the Tourism Association Paznaun – Ischgl, the culinary event has been taking place for over 10 years and since then has offered unique mountain experiences combined with alpine enjoyment.
The mountain lodge parties
This summer, five gourmet chefs and the #YoungChefsPaznaun will once again patronise a mountain lodge and create a special dish for it using high-quality, regional ingredients. The summer dish will be presented at the lodge parties organised by the inn keepers together with their patron chef.
The dishes are available to enjoy all summer long at the respective hut!
If you want to cook the recipes at home, you can find them here:
- Alpenhaus | Benjamin Parth: Tomato | Lasagna | Galtür Alpine Cheese (PDF-Download)
- Almstüberl | Martin Sieberer: Crispy breast of young alpine piglet with grammel semolina dumplings and cabbage (PDF-Download)
- Friedrichshafener Hütte | #YoungChefsPaznaun: Plucked Piglet | Potato Coleslaw | Onion Cream (PDF-Download)
- Heidelberger Hütte | Patrick Raaß: Stuffed peppers with tomato sauce on potato and lemon puree (PDF-Download)
- Ascherhütte | Andreas Spitzer: Beef "Alpine" | yeast bread | wild herbs (PDF-Download)
- Jamtalhütte | #YoungChefsPaznaun: Nettle ravioli on "Gerstl", mountain cheese and endive (PDF-Download)
- Faulbrunn Alm | Hermann Huber: Potato dumplings with venison, porcini mushrooms, wild herbs, mountain cheese (PDF-Download)