Nine stages, 11,000 metres of difference in altitude, 120 kilometres. The Paznaun High Route is a multi-day hike that offers tons of variety. Are you ready for Tyrol’s most diverse high route?
On foot, you just see more!
If you would like to experience the region from its best side, the Paznaun High Route is just the right hike for you! Along nine stages, it leads you to the most beautiful places at the Paznaun. Sparkling mountain lakes and idyllic alpine pastures – and you’ll always have a good view of the most stunning Tyrolean summits, of course.
There are also plenty of huts for a “pit-stop” along each stage. They ensure that you can recharge and refuel with some of the best regional delicacies from the Paznaun.
Freedom awaits in the mountains!
Or better yet: in the mountains surrounding the towns of Ischgl, Galtür, Kappl and See! Because everyone who has ever enjoyed some fresh mountain air and the view over the vast mountain landscape can vouch for this: there’s hardly a place where freedom is at your feet quite like in the mountains. How else could it be when you’re surrounded by the most beautiful places that nature has to offer!
Steep trails, easy paths. Juicy pastures, rocky passages. Lush vegetation, alpine barrenness. Along the stages of the Paznaun High Route, you get to experience nature in all its diversity – you’ll see!
The Paznaun High Route at a glance
About 60 hours – that’s how long it takes mountain athletes to complete all nine stages of this Tyrolean high route. That doesn’t happen within a day, of course. It’s an experience that’ll last you for multiple days. Whether it’s while on holiday in Ischgl or on day trip during the warmer months: the Paznaun High Route should definitely be on every nature lover’s to-do list!
The high route in numbers:
- length: 120 kilometres
- difference in altitude: 11,000
- total duration: 60 hours
- stages: 9
Tip: None of the nine stages are alike. Less experienced hikers can find some easier routes and passionate mountaineers are going to find some more challenging passages where they can exert themselves.
Hiking, then raking in a goodie bag!
Whoever manages to complete the entire Paznaun High Route deserves a goodie bag! Because it’s not every day that you conquer 100 kilometres and 11,000 metres of difference in altitude.
How to get the goodie bag
- Get a stamp booklet (available at the tourism office Paznaun-Ischgl)!
- Along each of the nine stages, you’ll find “stamp stations” that you need to pass.
- Upon completion, take your booklet to the tourism office Paznaun-Ischgl and receive your exclusive goodie bag!
Good to know: Which stage you complete when and in which timespan is totally up to you – the Paznaun High Route doesn’t have to be completed all in one go!
H3: A good plan is half the battle!
The Paznaun High Route is at the top of your list for your next holiday in Ischgl in Tyrol? That’s great! There are a couple of things you should keep in mind:
- Equipment: weather-appropriate functional clothing, well-fitting hiking boots, fluids, food and a small first-aid kit are a must for every hiker. Useful, too: a headlamp, a bivy bag and telescope poles to make your ascents and descents a little easier
- Walking times: the walking times listed are an average value. Please keep in mind that longer breaks or bad weather conditions can prolong walking time!
- Hikers’ bus and taxi: with the hikers’ bus, you’ll conveniently get to the starting point of your hike and back. Have a look at the Ischgl taxi services as well …
- Hiking maps: the interactive map of the Paznaun High Route shows you important info about the route, GPS data and more.
- Weather: ahead of every hike, you should check the current weather forecast. In high alpine terrain, the weather can change quickly. So, keep an eye on the weather conditions during the entire duration of your hike. Alpine Association weather bureau: +43 512 291600
- A luggage transport is not offered
You love to discover new regions while hiking? Being at eye level with the most impressive summits the Tyrolean Alps have to offer? And being close to the treasures of nature? Then book your active holiday in Ischgl right away!