In Paznaun, preparations for the start of the summer season are running at full steam. We spare no effort to allow our guests as safe a holiday experience as possible using the necessary health protection measures, from distancing rules all the way to disinfection of public facilities, both in- and outdoors.
Responsibility, passion and commitment
But the Paznaun locals have not only prepared in the best possible way to protect the health of people and locals to the maximum degree, but also been working on the preparations for the summer season with passion and commitment. The hiking trails and mountain bike trails as well as the free Silvretta Card all inclusive with 1000 ideas are waiting to be discovered by nature fans. Spectacular scenic impressions, unrestricted freedom of movement and slowing down for body and mind guarantee new energy in these difficult times.
Lots of space and plenty of nature are available to every guest in the Paznaun.
All of the Paznaun population are working with great commitment to be able to offer guests a maximum of safety, hospitality and quality. The desire for a restart can also be seen in the measures which are above the official guidelines and requirements.
Attentive behaviour protects us all
To offer our guests the greatest possible protection against an infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, we have decided to conduct a screening for our employees before the start of the summer season.
In addition, we also offer our guests a SARS-CoV-2 test free of charge. Experienced staff from the renowned Institute of Virology at the Medical University of Innsbruck are available every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 13:00 p.m. and ensure that you receive a test result before your departure.
More informations at the tourist office: +43 50 990
We take care of each other!
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1-2 metres
- Please carry a mask with you
- If it is not possible to keep distance, make sure to wear your mask.
With your care you protect yourself as well as the other guests and your hosts!
- General guidelines for your holidays in Tyrol: www.sichere-gastfreundschaft.at
Mountain sports recommendations of the "Alpenverein Österreich" for summer 2020
In general there are no restrictions on the hiking and bike trails. If you encounter other hikers or bikers, please keep a safe distance of at least 2 meters. So you protect yourself and others. The Verband alpiner Vereine für Österreich (VAVÖ, austrian alpine association) has developed recommendations for the practice of alpine sports in COVID-19 times:
1. Reduce risk-taking
Stay below the personal performance limit during alpine activities. Consider the corona-related risks and difficulties in rescue operations, as well as the additional burden on the hospitals. More than ever, the rule is: only healthy in the mountains!
2. Keep a distance of at least 2 m
2 meters is a little more than 2 arm lengths of an adult. Wear a face mask to protect mouth and nose if the minimum distance of 2 metres must be exceeded. Certain mountain sports activities (e.g. mountain biking) may also require larger distances.
3. Mountain sports only in small groups
The actual number of people depends on the respective mountain sport. There is an upper limit of 10 people. Keep in mind that as group size increases, it will be more difficult to keep your distance! Avoid high-traffic tours and places.
4. Avoid habitual mountain rituals
For example, shaking hands, hugs, summit kiss, offering drinking bottles to others, etc.
5. Take mouth-nose protection and disinfectants with you
In addition to the general emergency equipment, mouth-and-nose protection and disinfectants should be kept in the backpack.
6. In an emergency, as usual ...
... act as a first aider according to the generally applicable first aid guidelines and additionally use mouth-and-nose mask.
Cable car operation from 26 June - 27 September 2020 in Paznaun
- See: 26 June - 20 September 2020
- Galtür: 3 July - 27 September 2020
- Kappl: 3 July - 20 September 2020
- Ischgl: 3 July - 13 September 2020
Please note that changes may be implemented at any time due to the nature of the situation. The mountain railways and team at the Paznaun-Ischgl tourist board are contactable by telephone or email if you want to check again before your stay.
Before transportation (PDF-Download)
During transportatio (PDF-Download)
- Mouth and nose protection is currently still mandatory. The passenger must have this with them.
- A few masks are carried in the bus, but we cannot supply them or guarantee them. This is the responsibility of the passengers.
- The distance rules also apply. However, the minimum distance of 1 m may not be reached because this is very difficult in buses. The seats can all be occupied and
- we take standing passengers according to the distances. This will be max. 15 people are allowed.