Want to experience winter in Tyrol? There’s plenty of options for that in Ischgl. Get back to nature during a winter hike. Once your snowshoes are strapped to your feet, even deep powder snow won’t pose a challenge for you. Quite the opposite …
Snowshoeing on hidden trails
Snowshoeing is the perfect sport for all nature lovers who want to recharge their batteries. There’s no better way to clear your head and to breathe Tyrolean mountain air. Fresh snow makes the experience even more beautiful! There’s no sinking into the snow with snowshoes and you can easily trek towards your destination. Unwinding can be oh so easy!
Guided snowshoe hikes
You don’t own any showshoes? No Problem! Rent everything you need at your ski school in Ischgl. Experts are happy to advise you on the best tours or to plan individual hikes for you.
There is a guided hike each week:
- Every Friday at 10 am (meeting point: valley office of the Ischgl ski school)
- Registration for the hike is possible at the office up until a day ahead
- Walking time: approx. 1,5 hours
- 54.00 EUR per person (incl. snow shoes)
- Min. 3 people
Moonlight hike to the Bodenalpe
A snowshoe hike to the Bodenalpe in the Fimbatal valley in dim moonlight is the ultimate holiday highlight for all those with a passion for hiking. Departure is every Wednesday in the late afternoon or everyday upon request in the valley. After a tour of about three hours, a fondue awaits you at the Bodenalpe restaurant as a reward for your hiking effort.
- Wednesdays at 4:30 pm
- Meeting point: valley office of the Ischgl ski school
- Route: from Ischgl to the Bodenalpe in the Fimbatal valley
- Walking time: approx. 3 hours
- Meat fondue at the Bodenalpe restaurant is included in the price
- Return transfer to Ischgl by piste basher
- 78.00 EUR per person (incl. snow shoes, excl. poles)
- Min. 5 people
- Registration is possible up until a day ahead at office of the Ischgl ski school
Good to know: The neighboring town of Samnaun in Switzerland can also be explored on foot.
Are you ready to discover the snow-clad landscape of the Paznaun? A winter hike will be a special highlight during your holiday – with or without snow shoes.