Sports hotspot, event hotspot, and … culinary hotspot. Ischgl stands for enjoyment. From arrival to departure. From breakfast to dinner. From coffee and cake at a mountain hut to a fancy dinner at a toque-awarded restaurant.
That’s how delightful it is to eat in Tyrol
Gourmet locations in Ischgl
Multiple toque-awarded restaurants, rustic mountain huts, cosy inns and Mediterranean venues – the holiday resort Ischgl offers all the reason to be considered the “culinary mecca of the Alps”.
No matter which type of cuisine you decide on: at every location, love and passion are the primary ingredients of every dish. Alongside local delicacies, the kitchen staff are going to spoil you with modern, creative dishes that you’ll reminisce about for a long time coming.
Active region with enjoyment factor
Hiking, biking, skiing at the Silvretta Arena: in Ischgl at the Paznaun, a number of tours, trails and routes await you – plenty of variety guaranteed! And because a lot of movement and exercise can make your stomach growl quickly, the culinary hotspots in Ischgl are the place-to-be!
Toque-awarded restaurants in Ischgl
Not one, not two … but ten toque-awarded restaurants take you on a culinary journey during your holiday at the Paznaun. That’s how going out to eat can turn into an unforgettable experience!
- Stüva at the Hotel Yscla, Gault & Millau 2022: 4 toques (18,5 points), Benjamin Parth (chef of the year 2019) – Austrian / international cuisine
- Paznaunerstube at the Trofana Royal, Gault & Millau 2021: 4 toques (18 points), Martin Sieberer – Austrian / international cuisine (not participated at the Gault & Millau 2022 dependent on the pandemic)
- Stiar at the Hotel Silvretta, Gault & Millau 2022: 4 toques (17,5 points), Gunther Döberl – Austrian / international cuisine
- Schlossherrnstube at the Schlosshotel Ischgl, Gault & Millau 2022: 4 toques (17 points), Patrick Raaß – Austrian / international cuisine
- Fliana Gourmet at the Hotel Fliana, Gault & Millau 2022: 3 toques (15,5 points), Andreas Spitzer – Austrian cuisine
- Martin Sieberers Heimatbühne at the Trofana Royal, Gault & Millau 2022: 3 toques (15,5 points), Martin Sieberer – Austrian cuisine
- Space73, Gault & Millau 2022: 2 toques (13,5 points), Benjamin Parth
- Weinstube at the Schlosshotel Ischgl, Gault & Millau 2022: 2 toques (13 points), Patrick Raaß
- Lucy Wang, Gault & Millau 2022: 1 toque (12,5 points), Raphael Herzog – French-Asian cuisine
- Alpenhaus VIP, Gault & Millau 2022: 1 toque (11,5 points), Manuel Überlackner
As you can see: The Austrian – or more specifically: the Tyrolean – cuisine is clearly at the centre of them all. But everyone who would like to go on a culinary journey around the world can easily do so as well – thanks to the great variety offered.
Tip: Some of the top restaurants can be found at various hotels in Ischgl but everyone can enjoy a nice dinner with top level cuisine there. A timely reservation is recommended!
What would a holiday be without the many culinary highlights? And without the glass of wine to round off your day …
Restaurants in Ischgl
The culinary pleasure doesn’t end at the toque-awarded restaurants. Holiday guests are served delicacies at the other restaurants of the region, too. You’ll notice that as soon as you enter one of them – but at the latest when you try your first bite. The motto of their kitchen staff is: Do what you love and you’ll do it well.
From A like antipasti to Z like zoodles – gourmets are going to strike it lucky in Ischgl. Alongside traditional Austrian cuisine, the restaurants also offer international dishes. And of course, they’ll take into account special dietary requirements. That’s how vegetarians, vegans, and guests with food intolerances can enjoy every meal, too.
Ischgl Italia – bella cucina and dolce vita
The art of ‘dolce vita’ (the sweet life), is what the whole world loves about Italy. And where can that be better witnessed than in the heavenly cuisine of our southern neighbours? No doubt about it, eating a good pizza while on holiday definitely makes you happier! With a bit of luck this happiness will also be contagious, for instance in the award-winning pizzerias in Ischgl in Tyrol. After a perfect day on the piste you can still enjoy a little dollop of pesto - whether it is crispy calzone or delicious cannelloni – the Italian atmosphere will immediately satisfy your soul. And an espresso afterwards as you survey the Alpine panorama thinking it could barely be more ‘dolce’!
Cozy get-togethers with friends and family
Whether a glass of wine, a wonderful gin, a fancy cocktail, a cold beer or a cozy coffee with homemade cake? Regardless of what you feel like: In Ischgl you will find numerous places to enjoy.
Mountain restaurants in Ischgl
“Wherever the mountains are, that’s where I want to be” – And if you get to enjoy culinary delights along with the stunning scenic views up at 1,400 to 2,900 metres above sea level, then it can hardly get any better. Whether you stop for a quick snack between meals or for a scrumptious dinner is totally up to you!
Culinary guide for Ischgl
Typically Tyrolean! Austria is without a doubt a country of many tastes. And since a lot of them have found a home in Ischgl, a holiday at the Paznaun is a culinary experience for your taste buds.
You should definitely try the following dishes during your holiday in Ischgl:
- Tiroler Speckknödel
- Tiroler G’röstl
- Brettljause “Tiroler Marend”
The way to a guest’s heart is through Tyrolean cuisine! Get excited about your dream holiday in Ischgl at the Paznaun. Discover the culinary specialities of the region around the Silvretta, Samnaun and Verwall and enjoy yourself. You’re on holiday, after all!
Send your enquiry now and spend your next holiday at the culinary hotspot of the Alps!