Top of the Mountain Closing Concert
Kings of Leon live at the 2022 Closing Concert in Ischgl
Let’s rock the end of the ski season!
For months, fans of Ischgl have been wondering: Who will be the main act for the 2022 Closing Concert? Now it’s official: It will be none other than world-famous US rockers Kings of Leon! You probably know their biggest hits like “Sex on fire” or “Use somebody” by heart – and can sing along to them live on 30 April 2022, when the band performs on the legendary Ischgl Stage.
It’s hardly a coincidence that the four Followill guys (brothers Nathan, Caleb and Jared plus their cousin Matthew) celebrate their “Austrian comeback” after a five-year absence in Ischgl. After all, performing on the Top of the Mountain stage at 2,300 metres above sea level must be a special experience even for the most seasoned of performers …
Ischgl Closing with Kings of Leon
Only last year, the “kings” released their eight album “When you see yourself”. And although experts say that their wild years have passed, the band still knows how to wow the audience – not least thanks to their singer’s exceptional voice. After all, we’re talking about multiple Grammy winners here!
Judging from recent concerts, fans can expect a mixture of new songs and all-time favourites at the US artists’ show in Ischgl.
Closing Concert with Kings of Leon – the facts
- When: 30 April 2022
- Where: at Idalp
- Concert starts: at 13:00
- Tickets: see below
Have you heard of Spring Blanc? It refers to “white spring” in Ischgl – also known as the most beautiful time to go skiing at Silvretta Arena. Find out more about our new event series in April and discover even more musical and culinary highlights for sun lovers and snow addicts!
You should definitely come to the Closing Concert with Kings of Leon in Ischgl if ...
- ... you love the band’s music and have been waiting for their next show in Austria for ages.
- … you would like to make the most of the perfectly groomed slopes of the Silvretta Arena throughout spring and celebrate the end of this year’s ski season at the legendary Top of the Mountain Concert.
- … you’re a fan of spring skiing, top-class live music and open-air concerts.
Friendly reminder: The Ischgl Closing Concert is incredibly popular – make sure to book your accommodation in time for the 2022 season closing – it’s quick and easy! Book now!
Note: All announced events are subject to the measures of the Austrian federal government against the coronavirus pandemic! As responsible hosts, we carry the respective official requirements and inform continuously about current safety and health measures.
Tickets & FAQs
- 1 day: € 125,00 (adults, children, seniors)
- 2 days: € 140,00 (adults, children, seniors)
- 3 days: € 160,00 (adults, children, seniors)
- from 4 days: For all other multi-day tickets, the regular ski pass prices apply (Silvretta und VIP ski pass).
Basically, ski passes (incl. concert) are only available with a valid guest card of the TVB Paznaun-Ischgl (Ischgl, Galtür, Kappl, See) or Samnaun on site. You will receive the guest card from your landlord on the day of arrival.
In addition, a limited contingent of freely available cards, which can be obtained online at kings.shop.starjack.at, will be available.
- What are the Covid regulations for the concert?
- Currently it is not yet known under which conditions (vaccination status, access restrictions, mask obligation, ...) the concert can take place. We will continuously update the relevant information as soon as possible in the coming weeks.
- Can I purchase the concert tickets in advance?
- Tickets are only available on site at the cable car ticket offices in Ischgl (Silvretta, Fimba or Pardatschgratbahn) and Samnaun upon presentation of the guest card.
- There will also be a limited contingent available at kings.shop.starjack.at for online sale.
- Are separate ski pass rates available without a concert?
- If the ski ticket includes the day of the concert (April 30, 2022), only the special rate listed will be charged for 1 - 3 days. There are no group rates or other discounts.
- From 4 days on, the regular ski pass rates apply (Silvretta and VIP ski pass; see www.ischgl.com).
- What is the regulation regarding ski association tickets?
- Holders of the Snow Card Tirol, the SnowPass Graubünden, the RegioCard Südbünden and the Freizeitticket Tirol will only receive the day ticket at the special rate of € 100,- (price adults/children/seniors) on the day of the concert upon presentation of the Paznaun/Samnaun guest card. The tickets are blocked on 30.04.2022; replacement tickets will be issued at the cable car ticket office.
- Season tickets for Ischgl/Samnaun and the Paznaun valley ticket are valid on the day of the event.
- Can tickets be bought on the day of the concert for skiing only or only in combination with the entry for the concert ?
- There are only ski tickets including the concert available on the day of the concert. Tickets for pedestrians as well as ½ day tickets are not available on the day of the concert. In addition, the Silvretta, Fimba or Pardatschgratbahn can only be used once on the day of the concert.
- Is there a ticket limit?
- Silvrettaseilbahn AG and Bergbahnen Samnaun AG reserve the right to limit the number of tickets in the event of imminent overcrowding of the concert site.
- Limitations can also arise due to the Covid regulations valid on the day of the concert, in which case we kindly ask for your understanding.
- What are the ticket offices opening hours on the day of the concert?
- The ticket offices of the Silvretta, Fimba and Pardatschgratbahn are open from 08:00 to 17:00.
- Where are the parking lots?
- Parking is available at the Silvrettabahn valley station and at the Florian parking lot.
- Parking Silvrettabahn: http://maps.google.at/maps?q=47.011504,10.287647&num=1&t=h&z=19
- Parking Florianparkplatz: http://maps.google.at/maps?q=47.015121,10.294967&num=1&t=h&z=19
- Is there an entrance control?
- There are controls at the valley stations of the Silvretta, Fimba and Pardatschgratbahn.
- For pedestrians and ski tourers who do not arrive at the concert area by gondola, there will be separate checkpoints in the ski area. It is not possible to enter the concert area without a valid ticket.
- When is it possible to ascent to the concert area on 30.04.2022?
- The first ascent is possible at 08:30. We recommend an early ascent.
- Where will the concert take place?
- The TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN CONCERT is an open-air event and will take place on the 2.320 m high Idalp, in the middle of the skiing area of Ischgl. An overview map of the ski area can be found here.
- The concert area can be easily reached without ski equipment by using the Silvrettabahn, Fimbabahn, Pardatschgratbahn and Gratbahn. Please take sturdy shoes as well as warm, weatherproof clothing and do not forget sun protection.
- Are there additional shuttle buses from Galtür, Kappl and See to Ischgl and back?
- Free buses will run at regular intervals on 30.04.2022.
- Where can I eat and drink?
- The Idalp Restaurant and the Alpenhaus Restaurant are located directly at the concert site. There are plenty of food and beverage carts in the concert area.
- Where are the toilets located?
- You will find the toilets at the concert area and in the restaurant Idalp.
- The following items may NOT be taken into the concert area and will be taken away/held by our security staff:
- All kinds of glass containers, alcoholic beverages, cans, cooling bags, bulky items such as umbrellas, sticks, weapons, animals, fireworks, flares, film and video cameras, ...
There may still be changes in the access controls regarding the Corona regulations in force on the day of the concert.
- What are the Covid regulations for the concert?