In Ischgl at the Paznaun, one top event after another happens. From winter highlights like the “Top of the Mountain” events to sports highlights during the warmer months. It never gets boring in Ischgl.
Winter joys in Ischgl
The best location of the Alps
Winter season is peak season in Ischgl. That’s no surprise considering that winter sports athletes as well as pleasure-loving holiday guests encounter the best conditions for an unforgettable holiday there. Besides being the best ski resort of the Tyrolean Alps, Ischgl offers everything one could possibly need for an exciting, memorable stay.
Event highlights in winter
- Top of the Mountain: Opening, Easter and Closing concerts
- Shapes in White: Snow sculpture competition at the Silvretta Arena
- Events of the pre-Christmas season: Krampus-runs, Christmas markets, etc.
- Demo shows of the Ischgl ski school: nighttime ski show at the Prennerhang
During winter, music events and parties in the snow are a part of the event schedule just like sports highlights. First and foremost, the “Top of the Mountain” concerts. Whether it’s the Opening, Easter or Closing concert: these concerts attract thousands of people each year. National and international superstars like Helene Fischer, Elton John or Robbie Williams have the crowds dancing – hot beats even at sub-zero temperatures guaranteed! Location: the sports ground in Ischgl.
You should visit one of the event highlights this winter if …
- 1. … you want to party at the biggest open-air arena of the Alps – the Idalp.
- 2. … you finally want to see the Ischgl performances of your favorite stars live.
- 3. … you would like to spend the perfect ski holiday with your best friends.
- 4. … you want to explore the slopes of the resort by day and afterwards turn the night into day.
Summer in Ischgl
Sports events, culinary events and more
Covered in metres-deep snow during winter, the landscape enchants all kinds of bikers and hikers in summer. Thanks to an immense number of hiking and biking routes! Under these conditions, it’s no surprise that the Paznaun is also an event location for several sports events. But fret no more, gourmets won’t come up short either when it comes to events during the summer months in Ischgl.
The event highlights in summer:
- Ironbike Festival: multi-day mountain bike festival with different formats and route lengths
- Silvrettarun 3000: trail run from Ischgl to Galtür – straight through the Tyrolean mountains
- Culinary Way of St. James: in hiking boots to five starred chefs in the high mountains
- Top of the Mountain Biker Summit: the highest motorcycle meeting of the Alps at 2,300 metres above sea level
The sports highlights in summer are the Ironbike Festival and the Silvrettarun 3000 where professional and hobby athletes can test their athletic limits each year. In addition to the events, there is a diverse and extensive supporting programme for the whole family. And there are also competitions for young athletes at the Ironbike Festival and the Silvrettarun 3000.
You should visit the event highlights in summer if …
- … you love to hike and want to combine the next hike with some culinary pleasures.
- … you love an athletic challenge and want to take part in some of the hardest competitions the Tyrolean Alps have to offer.
- … you’d like to cheer on the amazing athletes and want to see them sweating.
You’re going to spend your holiday at one of the most diverse active regions of the Alps soon? Then have a look at our event schedule and turn your time in Ischgl at the Paznaun into an unforgettable one!