Ischgl / Samnaun was already a trendsetter in 1994 – at least, regarding cable car technology: the Twinliner between Ischgl and Samnaun is the first double-deck cable car in the world and offers an incredible view of the surrounding mountains. In summer and in winter!
Guests get to enter the cable car on both levels and reach the Alp Trida saddle in Samnaun in Switzerland quickly and comfortably. The Twinliner Samnaun L1 is still one of the most innovative cable cars in the Alps – even today.
Twinliner Samnaun L1 cable car facts
- state-of-the-art double-deck cable cars with an impressive view over the ski resort
- at its opening in 1995, the Twinliner was the first double-deck cable car in the world
- it’s powered via AC-Drive at the valley station which reaches about 2,000 PS – that gives the Twinliner a speed of 10 metres per second!
- the aerial tram covers 722 metres of difference in altitude at a length of 2.3 kilometres
- the ascent from the Alp Trida saddle to Samnaun and back takes about six minutes
- it transports about 1,620 people per hour
- each cable car fits up to 180 people
Twinliner Samnaun L1
Technical data at a glance
The state-of-the-art technology of the cable cars and lifts at the Silvretta Arena serves to put the guests’ safety at the forefront. All cable cars and lifts are also thoroughly inspected by independent experts at a regular basis. The same goes for the Twinliner Samnaun L1, of course.
Comfortably and with a unique view of the Alps from Ischgl to Switzerland and back? The Twinliner Samnaun should be your preferred means of transportation then! If you have any questions, the team at the tourism office Paznaun or at the Silvrettaseilbahn AG cable car company will be happy to help you!