Snowshoeing and winter hiking on hidden trails
You’re looking for some peace and quiet on your winter holiday? Then turn your back on the hustle and bustle of the slopes and hike through the breathtaking winter landscape of Tyrol on remote hiking trails! The holiday resorts in the Paznaun valley boast numerous marvellous trails for snowshoe hiking and winter hiking. Put on your snowshoes and conquer the deep snow!
Winter hiking in Paznaun valley
The network of winter hiking trails at the Paznaun in Tyrol spans more than 60 kilometres – from 1,060 metres up to 2,036 metres above sea level. Winter hiking offers the unique opportunity to breathe some Alpine air away from the slopes and to enjoy the wintery landscape at a casual walking pace. Leave your everyday worries behind and relax! If you would like to prolong your winter hike, you may hike the nearby valleys surrounding Ischgl – away from all the hustle and bustle.
Good to know: The neighboring town of Samnaun in Switzerland can also be explored on foot via Ischgl.
Are you ready to discover the snow-clad landscape of the Paznaun? A winter hike will be a special highlight during your holiday – with or without snow shoes. Book your accommodation now and start getting excited about your holiday!
All winter hiking trails in the interactive map
guided snowshoe hikes
Seel at one with nature and experience the unique atmosphere of a snow shoe walk.
Dive in and explore the forests and snowy slopes under the expert guidance of the mountain guides and ski schools of the Paznaun.
Do you fancy a very individual snowshoe hike?
The ski schools and mountain guides in the Paznaun have a great offer for snowshoe hikers in the winter season. The experts on site give recommendations for the most beautiful tours or put together individual hikes for you. Experienced snowshoe guides accompany you through the alpine Paznaun - always safe on the way!
Don't have snowshoes? No problem! Snowshoes and sticks can be rented on site.
Tuesday in See - snowshoe hike to the Versingalm
- When: duration: approx. 3 hours
- Where: Meeting point valley station Medrigjoch cable car See
- Price: 45 Euro per person (incl. snowshoes & avalanche transceiver), the price does not include travel costs for cable cars
- Registration: at all tourist offices in the Paznaun, by 12:00 pm the day before
- Number of participants: min. 4 persons
Wednesday in Ischgl - moonlight walk to the Bodenalpe
- When: every Wednesday from 4:30 pm | duration: approx. 4 hours, approx. 2-3 hours walking time
- Where: meeting point ski school office, Silvretta cable car
- Price: 83 Euro (incl. snowshoes, meat fondue at the Bodenalpe and transfer back)
- Registration: Ischgl Ski School, by 4:30 pm the day before.
- Number of participants: min. 5 persons
Thursday in Kappl - snowshoe hike with torches
- When: at 6:00 pm | duration: approx. 2-3 hours | ascent: 200 metres in altitude
- Where: Meeting point valley station Diasbahn Kappl
- Price: adults 42 Euro, children 32 Euro (incl. snow shoes & torches)
- Registration: at Guide Patrick, by 6:00 pm the day before
- No. of participants: minimum 4 people
- Requirement: winter boots, warm jacket, gloves
Thursday in Galtür - snowshoe hike in the evening
- When: every Thursday from 8:30 pm, duration: approx. 2 hours
- Where: Meeting point ski school office, village square Galtür
- Price: 46 Euro per person (incl. snowshoes and poles)
- Registration: Galtür Ski School, by 4:30 pm the day before
- Number of participants: 3-8 persons
- Required equipment: winter boots (at least ankle-high, no moon boots)
Friday in Ischgl - showshoe hike in the morning
- When: every Friday, duration: approx. 3-4 hours
- Where: Meeting point ski school office, Silvretta cable car
- Price: 56 Euro per person (incl. snowshoes), the price does not include travel costs for cable cars, no price reduction for snowshoes you bring yourself.
- Registration: Ischgl Ski School, by 4:30 pm the day before
- Number of participants: min. 3 persons