A winter sports paradise in Tyrol: the ski resort Ischgl
Where a ski day turns into an epic ski day. Where a ski holiday turns into an unforgettable ski holiday. Where an event turns into the highlight of the year. Ischgl, right in the Tyrolean Alps in the Paznaun, is the perfect setting for pleasure-seekers and winter sports enthusiasts!
During the winter months, the little town in the Paznaun transforms itself into the lifestyle metropolis of the Alps for all sorts of winter sports athletes. It aims at all those who want to spend their ski holiday in the Tyrolean Alps – whether it’s for a day, for a week, a weekend at Ischgl or longer. Skiing in Tyrol can be a truly unique experience!
- Where is the ski resort Ischgl located? It sits enthroned – at 2,872 metres of elevation – above the town of the same name, Ischgl, in the Paznaun.
- Together with the Swiss town Samnaun, in the Canton of Grisons, it forms the Silvretta Arena.
- This makes it the third-biggest ski resort in Tyrol in Austria.
Mountain restaurants and huts
If you start exploring the slopes of the resort early in the morning, that definitely merits a few stops. Whether it’s in the morning for a coffee in the sun, at noon for a hearty lunch to fuel up for the rest of the ski day, or at the end of the day: the mountain restaurants and huts make sure you’ll get to relax and provide the perfect opportunity for a stop par excellence. It’s amazingly easy to enjoy life at the Silvretta Arena in Tyrol!
Are you getting more and more excited about your next ski day at the Silvretta Arena, surrounded by 239 kilometres of slopes? Then take a look at the current prices for ski passes!
Tip: Thanks to the longer opening hours, you can avoid peak times when you get your tickets and escape waiting in a line!
The ski resort Ischgl in numbers
All this ensures carefree ski days, surrounded by the breath-taking scenery of the Paznaun:
- 239 kilometres of perfectly groomed slopes
- 515 ha slope surface area
- 45 state-of-the-art cable cars and lifts with a transportation capacity of 94,000 people per hour
- Guaranteed snow from November to the beginning of May, thanks to the ski resorts high elevation of almost 3,000 metres above sea level
- 1,100 snow making machines
- Descents with a length of up to 11 kilometres
- Special slopes, snowparks and more – for plenty of variety
A ski resort for everyone
Slopes for beginners and pros
For beginners and those who want to return to the sport as well as for passionate, more seasoned skiers and snowboarders. The vast extension of the resort makes it possible for every winter sports athlete to spend the day where he or she desires:
- 20 blue pistes for beginners and those who want to return to the sport
- 40 red pistes for passionate, more seasoned skiers and snowboarders
- 25 black pistes for adrenaline junkies
- Special pistes: Racetracks for speed addicts. Mogul slopes for slope acrobats. Descents with a gradient of more than 70% for those with nerves of steel.
Perfectly groomed slopes and one-of-a-kind freeride runs and ski tours are only part of the reason why Ischgl is so incredibly popular with winter sports athletes of all kinds. Another reason are a number of top events that attract international stars and their overjoyed fans each year. Another highlight: the Tyrolean cuisine. Ischgl is often lovingly called the gourmet mecca of Tyrol.
Ski-Tipp in der Silvretta Arena
Schmugglerrunde in Ischgl
One of the highlights at the Tyrolean Silvretta Arena and Samnaun is – without a doubt – the smuggler’s circuit. In the tracks of smugglers from the days of yore, skiers and snowboarders can explore the border region between Austria and Switzerland. You can probably imagine to what incredible lengths these smugglers went just to smuggle some coffee or a pair of tights.
Depending on their level of skill, skiers and snowboarders may select between three different routes: the most challenging gold smuggler’s circuit, the silver smuggler’s circuit and the easiest (blue-slopes only) bronze smuggler’s circuit.
Accommodation right next to the slopes in Ischgl
The expectations for a perfect ski resort are often as diverse as the ones for the right kind of accommodation. How fantastic is it then that Ischgl has to offer various kinds of accommodation categories for every taste? Luxury hotel, bed & breakfast or apartment: numerous kinds of accommodations can be found right next to the slopes of Ischgl and will make it easy for you to hit the slopes right away!
You’re looking for the perfect accommodation for you and your loved ones? Take a look at the various categories offered and select your favourite!